Friday, October 27, 2006

Conversations Without Kenny

Its about 12.15 and we get ourselves a break from Kenny

Greg says:

Good morning fair maiden

Alpha female says:

It’s gone midday G but hey anyway

Greg says:

And it isn’t even notably good – good morning or mediocre afternoon: your choice

Alpha female says:

I take them both then and blend up a good afternoon

Greg says:

You can’t do that. Choice – choose – either or – no cake and eating it too

Alpha female says:

I can do it. I have done it. I will do it again.

Greg says:

Fine – you know full well that it isn’t afternoon anyway

Alpha female says:

Noon is 12pm. It is after 12pm. Noon is past. It is after noon. Do you want a picture?

Greg says:

Afternoons existed long before 12pm existed and you know as well as I do that afternoon doesn’t start until after lunch.

Alpha female says:

I’ve already eaten

Greg says:

Liar

Alpha female says:

Type that again – I dare ya

Greg says:

Fine – you’ve eaten - but whatever you ate wasn’t lunch

Alpha female says:

It was an egg-mayo sandwich, some potato salad, a banana and a cup of tea – how is that not a lunch?

Greg says:

Timing – at best we are talking brunch

Alpha female says:

Crap – it was a early lunch meeting – if it had been brunch it would have been altogether less nasty

Alpha female says:

There would have been pain au chocolat and OJ and a butch Albanian caterer wearing only an apron and bow tie

Greg says:

You can’t trust everything you see on TV you know

Alpha female says:

He’s called Janos – and the apron twitches as he wallks

Greg says:

He’s got a hairy back and stubby fingers

Alpha female says:

Hoi. Out of this fantasy now.

Greg says:

You made it public domain - odd how much Janos looks like your dad don’t you think?

Alpha female says:

Time to go I think

Greg says:

Ta-ra Tara

Alpha female says:

The originality of that joke overwhelms me. Be gone

Greg says:

Oh! One last thing

Alpha female says:

yes

Greg says:

Did you get that banana specifically to freak out the male members of your meeting?

Alpha female says:

I ain’t saying a word

Greg says:

I knew it!!

No comments: