Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Conversation #8 – Shine on Kenny Moon

In which it is necessary to explain that Greg and Kenny till quite recently lived together and speculations are made on the subject of marriage

The Hyperkenny says:

We’ve got a letter for you

Greg says:

sher-der-whur

The Hyperkenny says:

I SAID A LETTER

Greg says:

All right – all right – I’m awa..

Greg says:

Did you say a letter?

The Hyperkenny says:

we've had a letter for you that I signed for but haven't got round to sending on. are you expecting anything?

Greg says:

Yes. Curses. They said they'd send it here

Greg says:

I've been without money ever since moving out cos my cashcard split

The Hyperkenny says:

if you go to the bank they will send tyou a new one. Mine finally gave up last week.

The Hyperkenny says:

have you managed by staying in?

Greg says:

they have sent me a new one

Greg says:

they asked for my address

Greg says:

i gave here

Greg says:

they said fine they'd send it here only plainly they didn’t

Greg says:

curse their stinking faces

The Hyperkenny says:

ah. that explains it.

The Hyperkenny says:

want me to pop it in the post to you, then?

Greg says:

yes please

The Hyperkenny says:

address?

Greg says:

I finally gave in today and borrowed some cash to get my suit cleaned but otherwise yeah. no money at all

The Hyperkenny says:

ouch.

Greg says:

23 Mafeking Gardens, East Finchley, London, N11 2RS

The Hyperkenny says:

right shall do.

Greg says:

Thanks. Next item of business

The Hyperkenny says:

I’m looking at new computers. any advice on where to buy?

Greg says:

Not really. I do software. Hardware is more the province of John, Jack, Jim and Jamie.

Greg says:

On the subject of Jim I have another gosh darned wedding on Saturday.

The Hyperkenny says:

Hence the suit.

Greg says:

Hence the suit .

The Hyperkenny says:

Friends or relatives?

Greg says:

Friends. But friends so old they blend kind of thing

The Hyperkenny says:

Gotcha

Greg says:

Add to that that he’s a vicar and you have one hell of a jamboree

The Hyperkenny says:

Arch-deacons being delivered by airdrop?

Greg says:

With supplies of dehydrated cassocks

The Hyperkenny says:

do you get to dance?

Greg says:

In general or specific? Heaven knows. My mum said that the evening is being rounded off with a discotheque so lord alone knows what that will be

The Hyperkenny says:

YMCA alert!

Greg says:

Not impossible.

The Hyperkenny says:

So YMCA done by the various branches of muscular Chistianity?

Greg says:

I think they might be keeping the homo-erotic iconography to a minimum; at least till after the honeymoon

Greg says:

Still a can-can line of priests or possibly a conga line led by a bishop might be cool

The Hyperkenny says:

just one bishop to lead the conga will be fine. Mitre are good for that.

Greg says:

Perhaps a couple of butch young roller skating priests with censors to clear the path

The Hyperkenny says:

is the reception being held somewhere with a nave?

Greg says:

i fear somewhere with tressle tables and a map of the holyland done in poster paint but I may be wrong

The Hyperkenny says:

wow.

No comments: